|"Reptar Bar, Reptar Bar, the candy bar supreme. The candy bar that turns your tongue G-R-E-E-E-E-N!"|
To achieve your childhood dream, you'll need the following: Chocolate Chips, Marshmallow Fluff, Green Food Coloring, some sort of mold or pan, and then whatever filling you want inside your chocolate bar. As you can see I used a chocolate bar mold that I got off Amazon, but you can use a mini loaf pan, cookie cutter, or whatever you want your Reptar Bar to be shaped as! Our fellow foodie Lili isn't a fan on the original recipe that had caramel and nuts so I substituted in Golden Grahams, which made this bar taste like a portable s'mores!
Melt up your chocolate chips and let's get to Reptar Bar makin'!
Add your melted chocolate to your mold and then stick it in the freezer while you get your marshmallow fluff warmed and dyed that oh-so-lovely green! Stick some marshmallow fluff in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 100% for 15 seconds. You just want to heat up the fluff a bit so it's easier to work with and dye. You might think you won't need that much green, but you will. I wish I would have made mine a bit of a darker tint.
Grab your set chocolate from the freezer for layer two of these Reptar Bars! Spread some green fluff on your chocolate but leave room around the fluff, a chocolate border if you will. This will ensure the fluff doesn't spread everywhere when you add your last chocolate layer. At this point, while the fluff is still sticky add your crushed up Golden Grahams to the bar. Press those suckers down so they stick all up in that fluff.
adapted from Crepes of Wrath
24 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
Green Food Coloring
1/4 cup Crushed Golden Grahams (optional)
Any desired filling
Chocolate Bar Mold/Pan
**Note, I halved this recipe and it made 4-6 Reptar Bars using my chocolate bar mold**
1) Melt your chocolate at 70% power at 15 second intervals. Stir between heating times. Be careful not to burn the chocolate!
2) Add your chocolate to your mold/pan. Reserve half the chocolate for the last layer of the Reptar Bar. Place mold/pan into the freezer to set.
3) Heat up your marshmallow fluff for 15 seconds. Add green food coloring until your desired green is achieved.
4) Remove chocolate from freezer and add your marshmallow layer to the chocolate but leave a border around the marshmallow to ensure your marshmallow stays in place. Add your Golden Graham crumbs or any other desired filling at this point. Place mold/pan back in the freezer.
5) If necessary, reheat your chocolate while your layers set. Remove mold/pan from freezer and add your final layer of chocolate. Return to freezer for 15-30 minutes or until firm.
6) After your Reptar Bars are firm you can either enjoy them now or wrap them up in foil and freeze them for later.